This version is now deprecated, consult the installer guide for a link to the latest version.
This release contains a minor bugfix and some additional features.
- – Bugfix: Added permissions enabling script to post-install. More about the bug below.
- – Integrated OSInstall.mpkg & OSInstall framework into a single option.
- – Changed openhaltrestart.kext option to selected by default.
- – Added pfix v1.1 to installer.
- – Improved kext descriptions.
- – Chameleon 2.0 RC3.
- – PC EFI 10.3.
- – Sample com.apple.Boot.plist for basic operation.
- – Snow Leopard inspired myHack Chameleon boot theme.
- – All of the kexts listed on the Downloads page.
- – A number of bugfixes and snow leopard specific enhancements to the Chameleon installation scripts.
- – Detailed descriptions of each custom option.
I strongly suggest anyone who has a copy of RC1 to replace it with this immediately!
More about the bugfix:
It was brought to my attention by aschar on #snowleopard that he had noticed a bug in the installer. One that had been documented before but that I personally had not experianced.
<aschar> Before fixing permissions and/or rebuilding kextcaches or installing SL – check each time that on your Snow Volume “ignore permissions” is unchecked (nothing in checkbox) – with Get Info in Finder
Well we worked together to find an integrated solution for the installer. He found this page over on apples support site regarding the “vsdbutil” command line utility.
This fix has now been integrated into the post-install script and you no longer have to use the checkbox if you are using the myHack Installer!