This version is now deprecated, consult the downloads page for a link to the latest version.
- – When running under OS X 10.6.x pfix now tests to see if kextd is running, if so it touches /S/L/E instead of rebuilding system caches with kextcache. This significantly reduces execution time.
- – Repairing permissions with diskutil is now optional.
- – Minor improvements to terminal output.
- -If target is a mounted volume execute command to enable permissions on the volume prior to running pfix.
- -A number of alterations/additions were made to enable proper functionality of pfix when it is launched from a USB Installer or Installation DVD.
- -Log file is no longer written to disk, the log is displayed directly in the terminal window instead. This better informs the end user of what is happening and also prevents any errors from occurring if it is launched from a read-only location such as a USB Installer or Installation DVD.
- -Improvements made to visual appearance of log.
- -pfix version info now displayed in terminal before running any operations.
- -Revised function to move CustomExtensions to Extensions to ensure smooth bug-free operation.
- -pfix version now echoed to log file and terminal.
- –Bugfix: Corrected syntax error on kextcache command under Leopard.
- –Bugfix: Corrected minor error that could sometimes cause pfix.log to not be created.
- -pfix.log now written to root [/] partition of the system it has been run on.
- -Changed verbosity level of kextcache to 2 for additional useful information to be written to log.
- -All kext caches are now removed prior to rebuilding.
- -Minor alterations to output for additional clarity.