This version is now deprecated, consult the Downloads Page for a link to the latest version.
I have taken a snapshot from aserebln’s github (with all the changes he made up till 2010/02/12) and modified it with some additional alterations both cosmetic and functional, the most important of which was removing the pciroot detection he included from PCEFI 10.5 – it causes an unrecoverable memory fault on systems with integrated graphics cards (making it impossible to boot the system) and uses a different definition for PciRoot in com.apple.Boot.plist than myHack installer has been configured to define. It has been compiled without an integrated theme reducing it’s size and improving boot performance. This bootloader includes all of the features of Chameleon RC4 & PC EFI 10.5 + many bugfixes, syntax corrections, optimizations, and new features including but not limited to the following:
Note: Items which have been crossed out are a part of the memory detection code aserebln has been working on, however aserebln has not yet publicly released the source code for this memory detection. They will be included in any future release of this branch as soon as he releases the source code. Don’t worry though, this is purely cosmetic stuff – and if you really want your memory to be detected properly by OS X you can simply put the correct values into an smbios.plist in /Extra
- FACP RestartFix is enabled by default if you have an Intel CPU
- Memory Manufactor Code Lookup for some common Vendors (OCZ, G.Skill, GeIL, Crossair, Kingston)
- Fixed a bug with Memory Manufactor Code Lookup (DDR3: ManufactorID, Parity-Bit)
- Added Patriot, Crucial, A-DATA Memory Manufactor
- Support for 945 northbridge and ICH8, ICH7 southbridges
- SMBus Device Enable for systems there the controller is disabled (Tip from iNDi)
- printout a message if theme fails to load due to a missing file
- removed a print in non verbose mode to keep the Booter quiet
- You can supply a system-id with system-id= in com.apple.Boot.plist
- You can prevent the system-id injection with system-id=No in com.apple.Boot.plist
- system-type is now supported. Default is 1 (Desktop). Use system-type=2 in com.apple.Boot.plist if you have laptop.
- Removed the setVideoMode(TEXT) in resume.c to make Hibernation work.
- Support for 946GZ/PZ, Q963/Q965a and P965 northbridge memory controllers.
- Fixed a bug with system-type injection
- The system-type which gets injected is printed in verbose mode
- Added more memory manufactors.
- Support for 965GM and 965GME northbridge memory controllers (still untesteted).
- Improved system-type injection. ACPI V2 FACP PM_Profile is patched to match system-type.
- Fixed a bug with system-id injection (com.apple.Boot.plist).
- Supported memory manufactors: Micron, Samsung, Transcend, Apacer, Kingston, PNY, MDT, Corsair, GeIL, takeMS, Buffalo, Mushkin, OCZ, A-DATA, G.SKILL, TeamElite, Patriot and Crucial.
- Supported memory controllers: Core i5/i7 IMC, 945G/P, 955X, 945GM/PM, 945GME, 946GZ/PZ, Q963/Q965, P965, P35, X38/X48, 965GM, 965GME and P45.
- Supported SMBus controllers: P55, ICH10, ICH9, ICH8 and ICH7.
- To set system-type put a system-type= into com.apple.Boot.plist (1=Desktop, 2=Laptop enables Battery, 3=Workstation). Default system-type is 1 (Desktop).
- Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font).
- Fixed a problem with disabled MCH MMIO on some mainboards (needed to detect dram frequency).
- Fixed the font swapping bug (small & console font) for the Booter with an embedded theme.
- Fixed an issue with memory detection for some mainboard (2 slot only mainboards).
- Added support for PM45 northbridge memory controller.
- Added memory manufactor lookup for: Hynix, Nanya, KingMax, Qimonda and SuperTalent.
- Added nVidia GT240 device lookup.
- You can now hide HFS partitions too using “Hide Partition” in com.apple.Boot.plist.
- Made the verbose output when using nVidia/ATI ROM’s more useful.
- Fixed a bug with sprintf (rek).
- Merged hibernation fix from Chameleon repo (46).
- Made verbosity at early bootstage useable.
- Added nVidia ION device lookup.
- Added a feature to set/override the nVidia NVCAP value using NVCAP_ key in com.apple.Boot.plist.
If you want to override the NVCAP value, you must determine the PCI DeviceID of your graphic card. For instance: my new GTX260 has the DeviceID 0×05e2. Knowing the DeviceID add this to your com.apple.Boot.plist:
The NVCAP value is exactly 20 bytes long. You have to specify it in binary form using ASCII-HEX (0-9,a-f). For instance like this:
It’s the NVCAP value of my nVidia 9400GT taken directly from NVCap Maker. Do not use a Base64 encoded NVCAP value like this one: BAAAAAAAAwAEAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=. To decode Base64 use the following command:
echo “BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=” | openssl enc -d -base64 | xxd -p
- Removed pciroot uid detection code and reverted all references to it back to standard chameleon rc4 method
- Cleaned up cosmetic features such as version info output generation
- Added additional information to non-gui boot prompt
In conclusion, this is the best thing out there for retail installs on the systems which the myHack Installer has been designed and optimized for!
A big thanks to AsereBLN, netkas, rekursor, and everyone else who has worked on this!