After some more testing and some feedback I received it has become apparent that the OS X Security Framework utilized in myFix 1.3 GUI *BREAKS* the function of myFix. It gives the user “Administrative” privileges but not true “root” user privileges therefore it basically fails to function properly.
I have already created a workaround but I have not yet had a chance to apply it to myFix. So until I am able to release myFix 1.4 I have pulled the GUI front end version of myFix 1.3 from the site.
The *Terminal Version* of myFix 1.3 works flawlessly – if you find yourself with a flawed system you can try booting with -f -v then running the terminal app. Or run the terminal app from a USB OS X Install Drive. If you can’t download it from here to your system you can find it in a target you ran myFix on if you selected “yes” at the prompt to install Terminal app at /usr/sbin/myfix – if you did not it will be inside myFix.app/Contents/Resources/myfix
My apologies – I didn’t see this one coming… It didn’t effect me in tests running it on Snow/Lion so hopefully this hasn’t caused a problem for you either.