This version is now deprecated, consult the downloads page for a link to the latest version.
This version was downloaded 129 times.
This release was made to address several issues that some users encountered with RC1. I must note that the issues were caused not by the way RC1 was coded but rather permissions or corruption issues on their own systems.
However, being the case that what we are trying to do here is help people get clean installs on systems that may be unclean to begin with I do want to do whatever I can to make sure this tool will work on even these damaged systems, at least to whatever extent I can.
Summary of changes from myHack 2.0 Release Candidate 1:
- Completely rewritten progress bar functionality, no longer relies on CocoaDialog for progress bar display, embedded in application window instead.
- No longer runs file copy process in background, it now runs directly in a pipe.
- No longer needs to write/read files to/from /tmp.
- Chameleon installation routine will now flush the boot sector prior to installing chameleon.
- Force unmount of target prior to erase (prevents an error if the device is in use and can not be unmounted normally).
- Refined UI appearance and log output.
- New Icon/Logo – Contributed by blackosx
Make sure to read the release page for myHack 2.0 RC1 if you have not done so already, for a complete list of contents and features.
Additional details of the myHack app’s contents will be maintained on the downloads page. Credits and further instructions will be maintained on the guide page.
Feel free to comment on this post but for support or to report a problem you encounter – please use the newly opened myHack forum instead.