This version is now deprecated, consult the myHack guide for a link to the latest version.
This version was downloaded 15553 times.
This release was made ahead of my planned schedule due to a couple of bugs being brought to my attention that I wanted to fix immediately. Since I was going to make this release anyway I used the opportunity to polish off a few other things that I had on the todo list, a few things that were suggested by users, and update a couple things in the bundle.
I’ve also added a new feature to the extra installation function, thanks to a suggestion by blackosx. It will install the Extra directory as usual, it will then check to see if you have an /Extra/10.(6/7/8)/Extensions directory – not just /Extra/Extensions. If one exists for the OS X version that exists on the target device, it will merge it with /Extra and then remove all the 10.(6/7/8) subdirectories from Extra. This will prove even more useful in the near future but for the time being it just helps users with this particular Extra schema to have a smoother ride while using myHack to update their systems.
- Bugfix: Correct issue with myhack OS X post install patch of OSInstall.pkg when myHack OS X Install Disk is created on a Snow Leopard system
- Bugfix: lspcidrv.kext and RemovedExtras won’t get moved to ExtraBackups when installing a new Extra
- Extra/10.(6/7/8) subdirectories will now be merged based on target OS version
- Disabled the Create OS X Installer option from myHack while running on an OS X Installer
- Disabled Cancel buttons on myHack OS X post install dialogs
- If cancel button is pressed on Extra file selection dialog, return to Generic Extra/Use Your Own menu instead of exiting myHack
- Revised Snow Leopard installation source detection – Instead of looking in /Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/ all volumes mounted in /Volumes/* are scanned
- Fix permissions on /bin, /usr/bin, and /usr/sbin on osx installers so that all the binaries can be executed properly
- Disable kernelcache on OS X Installers
- Enable kernelcache on user supplied extras instead of just the generic one
- When running myFix, check that myHack.kext is latest version, if not, update it
- Removed log output for enabling ownership on devices
- Minor cosmetic fix to DMG – attempt to prevent the text from being cut off on the bottom
- Removed pkgutil and strings binaries from bundled utilities
- Stripped ppc arch from bundled utilities
- Updated myFix to version 2.1
- Updated FakeSMC to version 4.2
- Updated Chameleon
Make sure to read the release page for myHack 3.0 if you have not done so already, for a complete list of changes, contents and features.
Additional details of the myHack app’s contents, credits, and instructions are maintained on the guide page.