This version is now deprecated, consult the myHack guide for a link to the latest version.
This version was downloaded 33971 times.
I meant to get this out before the official Mavericks release but I kept it in beta testing a bit longer to ensure it was completely stable. File transfer progress is vastly superior to previous versions and also faster (2-5x faster in all of our tests). It was my original intention to release this as version 3.2 but I bumped the version number to ensure there is no confusion.
Note: Several users have reported a “Selection does not appear to be a valid OS X installation source error”. Ensure you are pointing to the Install OS X Mavericks.app or InstallESD.dmg if you are pointing myHack to a .dmg which *contains* the Install OS X Mavericks.app that will cause the error.
Also please note that you should not run myHack.app from the .dmg it is distributed on. You should copy it to your local disk first.
I will add checks to warn users who accidentally make these mistakes to myHack in the next release to provide additional error prevention to users, but I did not want to wait to release this version any longer so for now these warnings should be enough.
The download is available on the guide page.
- Bugfix: Recompiled as universal i386 & x86_64 binary. (fixes bad CPU in executable error)
- Bugfix: Fixed file transfer progress in Mavericks.
- Updated installation source search function for official Mavericks release
- Vastly improved file transfer functionality improves transfer speed (as much as 4x faster) and progress is reported much more clearly.
- Added AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement patch (similar to TRIM enabler) for Sandy/Ivy bridge processors.
- myHack install OS X devices will now be named according to OS version.
- Updated search for installation source functions for Mavericks official release.
- Updated chameleon.
- Other miscellaneous bugfixes and improvements.
Additional details of the myHack app’s contents, credits, and instructions are maintained on the guide page.